Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Let them struggle

So i was recently in a training at my job to help missionaries become better at what they do and my boss was using an analogy of riding a bike. He asked us to remember when we were learning how to ride a bike and he asked to think of what the most important part of riding a bike was. It was of course the part when the person helping you would let go. We  then discussed our various roles as a teachers and one thing that came up that stood out to me was he said we have to let them struggle which will help them surprise themselves at what they can do.

I was thinking about that and the recent events in my life and i felt like maybe that is what the lord is letting happen in my life.  He is letting me struggle so that when i rely on him i will be surprised at what i can do with his power.  I feel so inadequate at times but when I see the miracles after the struggling everything seems to make sense.  The Lord works in mysterious ways.  

1 comment:

Kristi Kleisler said...

Nice insight. So is that the kind of stuff they teach you at those meetings? Pretty sure that if you let me struggle when I ask for your advice I might strangle you!! lol :)